University of Tartu (Estonia) is looking for a Professor of Natural Language Processing. UT is the leading university in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) and is one of two highest ranked universities in Computer Science in the CEE region.
Please check further information on the university website<https://www.ut.ee/en/welcome/job-offer/professor-natural-language-processing> and find the list of required application documents here.<https://www.ut.ee/en/welcome/job-offer/professor-natural-language-processing>
Professor of Natural Language Processing
Duties and responsibilities
· Development of curricula and courses in the area of Natural Language Processing.
· Teaching subjects related to the area of specialisation.
· Supervision of Master’s and PhD students.
· Directing the top level research in the area of specialisation.
· Successful application for research grants, administration of them and performing the research required under the grants.
· Ensuring the availability of future academic staff in the field.
· Participation in the work of academic and administrative decision-making bodies. Popularisation of the specialisation.
University of Tartu
PhD or an equivalent qualification
· Previous teaching experience at least at the first two level of higher education, incl. effective supervising of Master’s and PhD students.
· Internationally recognised professional research, the volume of which so far is equivalent to at least three doctoral theses.
· Success in applying for research funding as well as managing and performing R&D-related contracts in the last five years.
· Participation in working groups or expert councils related to the promotion and implementation of the specialisation at the international level.
Required language skills
Excellent command of English. Knowledge of Estonian is desirable but not essential.
How to apply:
Please mention NLP People as a source when applying