Office 365 is at the core of our Company’s mission to enable people and organizations to achieve more. The Global Service and Experiences (GSX) team gives the Office business global reach with local relevancy. We also enable modern cross-cultural productivity scenarios. We aspire to be the defining voice for our worldwide customers, and to deliver experiences that differentiate us from our competitors.
Be part of the team building industry-leading language experiences for hundreds of millions of users! We are looking for a Group Program Manager to lead the planning and design of large scale Globalization, Localization and language experience spaces. Our team celebrates the range of engineering work we get to work on, from in-app, end-user facing features to services that enable the distribution of language resources to mobile devices worldwide. We are also actively engaged on a Microsoft wide partnership that makes possible to deliver a truly modern, Azure based, One Microsoft solution for the company’s localization needs. We embrace and enjoy the responsibility of delivering and supporting this platform at the company level. The 12 person team is split across Redmond and Dublin. The role is based in Redmond but travel back and forth to Dublin will be needed (at least quarterly).
We are also excited to compete in an industry that is being reinvented. This reinvention stems from:
• The availability of customer and system data and our ability to reason over that data.
• The advances in machine learning not least when applied to language technology and machine translation.
• The emergence of crowd/gig-based ecosystems in our supply chain.
The ideal person is a self-starter with a consistent record of technical contributions and a history of forming and leading successful teams. You will:
• Be passionate about maximizing the team’s ability to deliver customer valued innovation, bringing clarity and energy to ensure the right things get prioritized.
• Be adept at driving our vision across partnerships & organizations
• Have the ability to envision and articulate long term directions and investment strategies for the group.
• Enjoy a hands-on engineering culture.
• Think independently and have the courage and conviction to follow that thinking through.
• Be a great coach for all levels of program management.
• 10+ years’ experience in Program Management.
• 5+ years of experience leading PM teams.
• Experience working with large-scale engineering services.
• Ability to design complex systems involving diverse technologies.
• Demonstrated ability delivering high quality products and services.
• Extraordinary problem solving & people leadership skills.
• Experience with leading distributed teams.
• Travel availability at least once a quarter.
• Ability to communicate complex topics to non-technical audiences and understand the implications of complex business, legal, and regulatory issues on technology.
• Some experience working with international customers.
Level of experience (years):
Senior (5+ years of experience)
How to apply:
Please mention NLP People as a source when applying
Come as you are. Do what you love.
At Microsoft we help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential.
We make this simple mission come to life every day through our passion to create technologies and develop products that touch just about every kind of customer.
Working at Microsoft gives you the opportunity to do things that make a real difference in millions, even billions, of lives. To reach your full potential.
So why not take a closer look at Microsoft? We think you’ll find that amazing things really do happen here.