Applications are invited for a postdoctoral position in CSIRO data61, Sydney, Australia within the domain of Natural Language Processing/Information Retrieval with emphasis on health applications. Successful applicant will work with researchers within Language and Social media team (https://research.csiro.au/lasc/).
The position is fixed-term for three years.
A detailed description of the position and how to apply can be found at:
Applicant should NOT have more than 3 years work experience as a researcher or postdoc, and should have
* A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a relevant discipline area, such as Computer Science or computer engineering (NLP, IR, or ML).
* Demonstrated excellent programming skills, especially in Python
* Demonstrated familiarity with state-of-the-art in one or more of the following areas:
* NLP (Natural language processing) for information extraction,
* Machine Learning (deep learning algorithms), or
* Information retrieval techniques (esp. domain-specific search)
Level of experience (years):
Mid Career (2+ years of experience)
How to apply:
Please mention NLP People as a source when applying
At CSIRO we shape the future. We do this by using science to solve real issues. Our research makes a difference to industry, people and the planet.
As Australia’s national science agency we’ve been pushing the edge of what’s possible for over 85 years. Today we have more than 5000 talented people working out of 55 centres in Australia and internationally.
CSIRO is one of the most multidisciplinary research organisations in the world.
We play a vital role in enhancing collaboration within the Australian national innovation system, and as a trusted advisor to government, industry and the community.
Our interests span five broad areas: food, health and life science industries; energy and minerals; environment; information and communications; and manufacturing and materials. Within these areas we operate nine national research flagships, facilities and collections, and commercial innovation services.
Our ability to achieve results is shown by the quality of our research. We are in the top 1 per cent