The position is a language specialist – Language Engineer – for Ukrainian TTS development. We are looking for a language specialist for Ukrainian who will assist under a temporary contract in the development of a state-of-the-art text-to-speech system. You will be a member of the TTS language development team distributed across several locations. We welcome applications preferably for the following locations Torino (Italy), Merelbeke (Belgium). It is also possible, although not ideal, to work in a remote set up.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated person who wants to learn about, or increase his/her knowledge of, speech technology while making a real contribution to a successful product. In terms of skills, we are seeking people who have the most – but not necessarily all – of the following qualifications listed below.
• Development of linguistic components for:
o tokenization and text normalization
o letter-to-sound conversion
o phonological modelling
o morphological analysis
o prosody prediction
• Design, annotation and processing of text corpora and lexica
• Design, annotation and processing of test corpora for Ukrainian TTS evaluation and testing
Number of Years of Work Experience: 2 (work experience a strong plus, but promising new graduates also encouraged to apply)
- Native speaker of Ukrainian
- Linguistic expertise of Ukrainian phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax and prosody
- Good communication skills in English (working language)
- Experience in working in speech/NLP/linguistics either in academia or in industry
- Self-starter, fast learner and independent
- Attention to detail and strong quality focus
- Willing to work within an international team for the duration of the contract
- Basic scripting skills (Python, Perl, command line scripting or similar)
Education: Master’s or PhD in computational linguistics / computer science or equivalent
About Nuance Communications
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Mobile team…intelligent systems now ready for the road. We are passionate about developing intelligent interfaces that enable people to talk to their cars, phones, devices, and other smart “things”.