Relative Insight is looking for an experienced Natural Language Processing
(NLP) scientist to extended its language analysis capabilities. With
clients such as Disney and Unilever, Relative Insight provides
world-leading language analytics for marketers. Surfacing significance
through its unique approach, the company is seeking to maintain its
advantage and exploit new areas of language analytics. As the company
grows, the right candidate in this role will become a key figure and lead
the company?s NLP team.
Originating as a spin-out from Lancaster University, Relative Insight has
now gone on to be recognised as ?The Next Big Thing? by the Ad:Tech
conference and is seen as one of the brightest growth prospects in the
We focus on how to talk to people to maximise engagement, using our
law-enforcement heritage to help brands understand how consumers talk and
apply techniques for transformative business results. Our clients are
leading brands and advertising agencies including Unilever, Disney,
Twitter, Havas, Pearson, and WPP.
– Innovate the language processing strategy for the company to improve
the company?s language analytics capabilities and in line with our
– Lead the development of new language process approaches and
– Convert language analysis results to actionable insights.
– Work with the current development team to integrate language
processing technologies with Relative Insight?s solutions.
– Liaise with the Insight-as-a-Service and Sales teams to identify new
– Provide regular updates to the management team.
– Explain technologies and solutions to technical and non-technical
– Maintain the company?s high standards of excellence.
– A postgraduate degree in the field of Natural Language Processing,
corpus linguistics or closely related field.
– An excellent understanding of current Natural Language Processing
techniques and algorithms.
– Proficient in at least one of C, Python or Java.
– Experience of machine learning and AI techniques.
– Self-motivated, critical thinker with strong technical background.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
– Knowledge of MongoDB or similar NoSQL databases.
– Understanding of statistical and rule-based analysis techniques.
– Experience with agile methodologies and fast paced/start-up
– Experience using Big Data frameworks such as Hadoop, Spark, etc. and
related programming paradigms e.g. MapReduce.
– Experience with cross lingual, clustering and trend analysis
– Experience of applying NLP techniques in languages other than English
– You relish working in a fast paced, growing team.
– You are data savvy and are genuinely interested in how language
optimisation can bring better results.
– A team player.