Syllabs is a Paris-based company with a strong expertise in semantic
technologies: natural language processing, text mining, content and natural
language generation. (NLG)
Our robot writers turn clients? data into texts (product descriptions,
news, reports, etc.). After being configured by our computational
linguists, each robot can write several thousand quality texts per hour.
Our robots covered French elections in real time (http://blog.syllabs.com/
Our clients are well-known French media such as Le Monde, Radio France or
Les Echos, as well as e-commerce sites.
To support our Automatic text generation solutions, we are looking for
computational linguist to configure our robot writers.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
– programming of the robot writer (text generation tool) to produce texts
from structured data
– preparing the data to be used by the robot writer (e.g., results of
elections, football matches, etc.)
The successful candidate will have the following profile:
– *Native speaker* of English or Spanish with a passion for writing.
– Ability to write computational grammars and computational lexicons.
– Ability to use formal languages.
– Good programming skills in Python.
– Good communication skills and enjoying team work.
– Attention to detail.
– Msc or MA Student in Computational Linguistics, NLP, Applied Linguistics
– EU citizenship or work permit in France are mandatory.
How to apply:
Please mention NLP People as a source when applying
Syllabs is a private company based in Paris with a strong expertise in semantic technologies : natural language processing, text mining, web mining, content generation...
Syllabs provides solutions to help web sites (like commerce and tourism sites) increase their traffic and keep their users.
During 4 years, Syllabs has developed cutting edge technologies in Semantic Analysis, Human quality text generation and crawling.
We provide :
- Automatic text generation (Data2Content). We can provide product descriptions (cameras, suits, etc.) in order to add unique human quality texts to web pages. This gives both a better experience to users and has a great impact on Search Engine Optimization.
- Semantic Analysis. We can automatically tag texts in order to structure a web site (by tags or by categories). We can also provide sentiment analysis for a specialized domain like IT products.
- Web Mining. We crawl the web to build directories and catalogues on a given domain (list of restaurants, list o