The Microsoft AI Residency program invites applications for its 2018 program.
Microsoft AI Residents will develop AI expertise by working alongside
prominent researchers and engineers in either Redmond, WA, or Cambridge, UK.
Residents will gain skills and hands-on experience working on practical AI
and machine learning problems that help tackle some of society’s toughest
challenges. The ideal candidate will have a passion for leveraging their
expertise from computer science work and/or other technical fields to solve
real-world challenges by applying AI and machine learning. Applicants are
not expected to be AI experts.
In this year-long program, selected residents will:
– Gain real-world, hands-on industry experience while working with Microsoft
researchers, engineers, and product teams.
– Learn about deploying machine learning solutions at scale across a range of
areas such as healthcare, entertainment, and productivity.
– Benefit from a rich program of training and mentorship.
– Be part of a vibrant AI and machine learning community in Cambridge, UK,
and Redmond, WA.
– Receive competitive compensation and be encouraged to apply for a regular
position at Microsoft at the end the residency program.
– BSc, MSc, and PhD graduates with substantial coursework in, but not limited
to: computer science, electrical engineering, data science, mathematics,
physics, economics, human-computer interaction, and computational biology.
– Experience developing in at least one high-level language such as Python or
– Experience with machine learning techniques or deep learning frameworks is
– Enthusiasm to move into the field is essential.
– Ability to work in a highly collaborative and interdisciplinary
– Strong communication skills.
How to apply:
Please mention NLP People as a source when applying
Come as you are. Do what you love.
At Microsoft we help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential.
We make this simple mission come to life every day through our passion to create technologies and develop products that touch just about every kind of customer.
Working at Microsoft gives you the opportunity to do things that make a real difference in millions, even billions, of lives. To reach your full potential.
So why not take a closer look at Microsoft? We think you’ll find that amazing things really do happen here.