We offer a Lectureship or Senior Lectureship in Natural Language Processing at the Department of Computer Science at the University of Manchester, UK. The appointment will further strengthen the research profiles of the AI/NLP and text mining research groups at the University of Manchester and the growing activities in AI.
We are looking for an outstanding candidate who has a vision for making a significant impact on NLP research and its applications. You should have major strengths in core natural language processing and deep learning with emphasis in one or more of these areas: natural language generation, explainable NLP, multimodal conversational AI, multimodal social media analysis etc, in various domains, including health, medicine, digital humanities, finance, etc.
University of Manchester
The successful candidate should have the following research profile:
* Computer Science with emphasis in Natural Language Processing or equivalent relevant experience
* Previous experience in research and development of NLP
* Excellent knowledge of deep learning (e.g. generative models, weakly-supervised learning, transfer learning).
* Familiarity with machine learning libraries (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch) and NLP libraries (e.g. spaCy, HuggingFace).
* Knowledge and understanding of pre-trained language models (e.g. BERT and GPT)
* Excellent English and academic writing skills.
* Ability to conduct basic and independent research in NLP demonstrated by existing publications in journals and conferences such as ACL, EMNLP, NAACL, SIGIR, IJCAI, Coling, AAAI.
* Demonstrate ability to write grant proposals.
How to apply:
Please mention NLP People as a source when applying