The National University of Singapore Institute of Systems Science (ISS) was established in 1981 as a specialist continuing education institute to develop Infocomm leaders and drive business and organisation innovation. NUS-ISS offers world-class practice oriented graduate programmes and professional development courses. We also conduct applied research and provide consulting services to industry to help drive innovation in the public and private sectors. Over 120,000 professionals from over 6,800 organisations across all industries sectors have benefitted from our programmes.
We invite dynamic and motivated individuals to be part of this vibrant Institute dedicated to creating, imparting, and applying knowledge.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Develop and teach Master of Technology, professional and executive courses in the domain of Intelligent Systems, including one or more of artificial intelligence, deep learning, knowledge systems, robotics, speech processing, natural language processing, big data analytics and engineering and applied analytics (in domains such as Government, healthcare, transport, etc).
· Engage with industry through research, joint projects and consultancy
· Explore the use of new methodologies and technologies through student, research and consultancy projects with local/regional industry.
· Reports to Chief, Artificial Intelligence Practice.
National University of Singapore
· Master’s degree or Doctorate (preferred) in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, Cognitive Systems, Speech processing, or related areas.
· Significant experience in the practice of Intelligent Systems either in industry or in close collaboration with industry.
· Willing to explore new areas of practice and innovative pedagogy to improve learning outcomes for students and course participants.
· Excellent written and communication skills, including proven ability to lecture at the graduate level to experienced business professionals.
· Good networking skills and able to speak at the level of top management and to influence business/professional leaders.
About National University of Singapore
A leading global university centred in Asia, the National University of Singapore (NUS) is Singapore's flagship university which offers a global approach to education and research with a focus on Asian perspectives and expertise.
Its 16 faculties and schools located in three campus locations – Kent Ridge, Bukit Timah and Outram - provide a broad-based curriculum underscored by multidisciplinary courses and cross-faculty enrichment. The University also offers programmes such as student exchange, entrepreneurial internships at seven NUS Overseas Colleges, and over 70 double degree, joint degree and concurrent degree programmes with some of the world’s top universities. In 2012, NUS is ranked 23rd in the World Reputation Rankings published by the Times Higher Education.
Known as a research-intensive university, NUS has three Research Centres of Excellence (RCE) and 22 university-level research institutes and centres.