Research Scientist in Natural Language Processing (London, UK)
Huawei Noah’s Ark Lab
The Noah’s Ark Lab is a research lab of Huawei Technologies, located in London, Hong Kong, Shenzhen, Beijing, Toronto, Paris, and several other places. This job posting is seeking candidates for the London office.
The mission of Noah’s Ark Lab is to make significant contributions to both the company and society by innovating in artificial intelligence and related fields. Mainly driven by long-term and big impact projects, research in the lab also tries to advance the state-of-the-art in the fields as well as to harness the products and services of the company, at each stage of the innovation process. Research areas of the lab mainly include computer vision, machine learning, data mining, speech and language processing, information and knowledge management, smart city, internet of things, and intelligent devices. Founded in 2012, the lab has now grown to be a research organization with many significant achievements in both academia and industry.
The Speech and Language Lab (of Noah’s Ark Lab) dedicates to research and applications of speech and natural language processing, and machine learning. We are looking for researchers and engineers in the related areas at all levels, including junior and senior positions.
The London Research Center is specialized in research in the following areas:
- Computer vision
- Machine learning
- Speech and language processing
The Research Scientist will participate in research to conduct applied and academic research, advance the state-of-the-art in machine learning, and collaboratively develop advanced products and services with other groups in the company.
The work will mainly include:
- Conduct cutting-edge research in the field of natural language processing, speech recognition, speech synthesis and deep learning
- Develop AI-enabled products and services with other groups in the company
- Collaborate with world-class organizations in academia
- Participating in activities in academia and promoting the work conducted in the lab
Critical Success Factors
- Creative and innovative
- Able to convert an idea into a prototype efficiently, optimize its cost and drive the implementation
- Result driven and good communication skills. Able to work efficiently in a multi-cultural, multi-site, multi-language and changing environment
- Excellent root cause analysis and problem solving skills
- Focused, pro-active, motivated, able to work under pressure and to multi-task various algorithm development and development activities
- Open minded and able to learn fast
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a team of technical experts
- Broad knowledge, versatile and hands on
- Possess (or will be soon completing) a PhD degree in natural language processing, or have equivalent research experience
- Have strong research track record. Have published in top tier conferences including ACL, NAACL, EMNLP, NIPS, ICML, ICLR, IJCAI, AAAI ; and journals including CL, TACL, AIJ, etc.
- Demonstrate the ability to generate new ideas and innovate
- Have established themselves in the research communities and/or in the industry
We welcome applications from more senior researchers as well.
If you are interested to apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Huawei Technology
Huawei is a leading global provider of information and communications technology (ICT) infrastructure and smart devices. With integrated solutions across four key domains – telecom networks, IT, smart devices, and cloud services – we are committed to bringing digital to every person, home and organization for a fully connected, intelligent world.
Huawei's end-to-end portfolio of products, solutions and services are both competitive and secure. Through open collaboration with ecosystem partners, we create lasting value for our customers, working to empower people, enrich home life, and inspire innovation in organizations of all shapes and sizes.
At Huawei, innovation focuses on customer needs. We invest heavily in basic research, concentrating on technological breakthroughs that drive the world forward. We have more than 180,000 employees, and we operate in more than 170 countries and regions. Founded in 1987, Huawei is a private company fully owned by its employees.