The mission is
to help every vendor drive the most significant impact selling on the platform.
Our team invent, test and launch some of the most innovative services, technology, processes for our global vendors.
We are looking for a talented and passionate Head of Data Science leader to build: world class team, demonstrate thought-leadership and guide the team to make the right scientific or technical trade-offs to meet long term/short-term business needs, and oversee the build of statistical and machine learning models to understand and growth for our vendors.
You will lead research and drive greenfield invention leading a team of data scientists, analyst and working side by side with our software engineers, applied scientists, product managers, and UX designers. You will be comfortable with ambiguity and enjoy working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Head of Data Science is accountable for:
(1) Creating a road map of the most challenging business questions from our leading vendors and use data to articulate possible root cause analysis and solutions.
(2) Co-creating with other scientists across global teams, machine learning experts, and economists to design and run experiments, research new algorithms, and find new ways to improve vendor analytics, prove incrementality and drive growth.
(3) Partner with technology and product leaders to solve business and technology problems using scientific approaches to build new services that surprise and delight our vendors.
(4) Understanding drivers, impacts, and key influences on vendor growth dynamics.
(5) Driving actions at scale to provide high impact services for vendors using scientifically-based methods and decision making and driving a low cost to serve.
(6) Helping to build production systems that take inputs from multiple models and make decisions in real time.
(7) Automating feedback loops for algorithms in production.
(8) Utilizing systems and tools to effectively work with tera/petabytes of data.
· Bachelor’s degree in an analytical (Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science or similar).
· 10+ years of leading and delivering data analytics and machine learning solutions
· 5+ years of experience managing Machine Learning Scientists, Data Scientists, Research Scientists, Applied Scientists, and/or Economists
· Extensive knowledge and practical experience in several of the following areas: machine learning, statistics, NLP, deep learning, recommendation systems, choice modeling, time series, or natural language processing, dialogue systems, information retrieval
· Ability to distill informal customer requirements into problem definitions, dealing with ambiguity and competing objectives
· Ability to manage and quantify improvement in customer experience or value for the business resulting from research outcomes
· PhD degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Economics or related field.
· 7+ years of experience managing Machine Learning Scientists, Data Scientists, Research Scientists, Applied Scientists, and/or Economists
· Skilled with Java, C++, or other programming language, as well as with R, SAS, MATLAB, Python or similar scripting language
How you match
Criteria provided by job poster
Level of education
Information Technology & Services Computer Software Management Consulting
Level of experience (years):
Senior (5+ years of experience)