We have a funded Ph.D. position in dialogue systems and language
generation available at the Institute of Formal and Applied
Linguistics (UFAL), Charles University in Prague. UFAL is a strong
natural language processing lab, and Ondrej Dusek is starting a new
subgroup here focused on dialogue systems research. We will be working
on multi-domain dialogue systems, combining chit-chat and task
oriented dialogue, natural language generation, and other related
* perform cutting-edge research on a selected topic in dialogue
systems, chatbots, natural language generation, or a closely related
* apply machine learning in your experiments, making use of UFAL?s
sizable computing facilities,
* present your work at top conferences in the field,
* obtain a Ph.D. after completing your thesis (expected in 4 years).
You are the ideal candidate if you have:
* a strong interest in dialogue systems, language generation, natural
language processing and/or machine learning,
* experience in natural language processing or machine learning,
* a master?s degree,
* good programming and English skills.
About Charles University in Prague
Charles University in Prague (in Czech: Univerzita Karlova v Praze) is the oldest and largest university in the Czech Republic. Founded in 1348, it was the first university in the Holy Roman Empire and in Central Europe in general. It is the 20th oldest university in the world.
According to the recent Academic Ranking of World Universities by Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Charles University, with its student body of 50.000, ranked as the leading university in the Czech Republic and the second one in Central and Eastern Europe.
According to the Topuniversities, in Natural Sciences it shares the 88th position with Carnegie Mellon University, TU Berlin and IIT Bombay.