I have a vacancy open for a *4-year PhD position at the Leiden Institute
for Advanced Computer Science, Leiden University, the Netherlands* for the
EU project DoSSIER: “Domain Specific Systems for Information Extraction and
There are 15 fully funded PhD positions available in the project.
Applicants can be of any nationality, however, at the time of appointment,
the applicant must not have resided or carried out their main activity in
the host country (the Netherlands) for more than 12 months in the past
The deadline for applications is June 30.
I am currently recruiting for *Project 6: Graph Browsing for Professional
The second supervisor of the project is Prof. Leif Azzopardi of the
University of Strathclyde, UK. The PhD student will collaborate with the
company Zylab in Amsterdam.
Applicant Requirements: A masters degree in Computer Science, Information
Science, Artificial Intelligence, or related subject area.
Applicant Qualification profile:
– Knowledge of Information Retrieval or Natural Language Processing is
– Knowledge of graph models is required
– Experience with user studies is an advantage
– Experience with graphical user interfaces is an advantage
– Affinity with the legal domain is an advantage
– Good programming skills
– Good proficiency in English communication, both orally and written