Part-time employment 30-100%.
Do you desire to help advance the scientific world?
Would you like to collaborate with experts in a nurturing environment?
Are you happy working in a culture that fosters flexibility and innovation?
To support our ongoing research on Natural Language Processing (NLP), we are looking for a student to work as a Data Engineer and help us craft a large storage of scientific articles with associated metadata. Articles and metadata need to be retrieved from the web and broken down into their constituent parts to be suited for custom text mining operations. You will work in close partnership with our research team.
– You should ideally hold a BSc in Computer Science or similar.
– You bring proficiency with databases technologies such as Solr and Elasticsearch.
– You can analyze datasets and documents using Machine Learning and Computer Vision.
– You have experience working with text formats such as JSON, XML, and Latex.
– You are interested in making collected data accessible via APIs.
IMPROVING THE SCIENTIFIC WORLD
Our mission in scientific article mining & writing holds great promise for automated knowledge discovery and knowledge understanding. If you are passionate about helping us build data extraction pipelines and about applying your skills in Computer Vision and Machine Learning to improve academia, do not hesitate in applying. At ETH we are an equal opportunity employer, we believe in people and their ability to innovate. We look forward to your application.