ELDA (Evaluations and Language resources Distribution Agency), a company specialized in Human Language Technologies within an international context, is currently seeking to fill an immediate vacancy for Technical Engineer/Scientist (Project Manager) position.
Under the supervision of the technical development manager, the responsibilities of the Technical Engineer/Scientist include specifying, designing and implementing tools and software components for language resources production frameworks and platforms, carrying out language resources quality control and assessment, as well as developing web services and applications.
This yields excellent opportunities for young, creative, and motivated candidates wishing to participate actively to the Language Technology field.
The task will mostly consist in participating in Web application development projects, language resources production projects, coordinating ELDA’s participation in R&D projects, while being also hands-on whenever required by the development team.
- PhD in Computer Science
- at least 2 years of experience in Natural Language Processing (or Information retrieval) and / or Web application development
- Good knowledge of Linux and open source software
- Proficiency in Python or other high-level dynamically-typed programming language, such as Ruby
- Hands-on experience in Django; proficiency in Django-CMS is a plus
- Knowledge of SQL and of an RDBMS (PostgreSQL preferred)
- Good knowledge of Natural Language Processing
- Dynamic and communicative, flexible to combine and work on different tasks
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Proficiency in French and English
- Citizenship (or residency papers) of a European Union country
Applications will be considered until the position is filled. The position is based in Paris.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The Evaluations and Language resources Distribution Agency (ELDA) was created parallel to ELRA, European Language Resources Association, in February 1995. ELDA is the association’s operational body, and is in charge of the development and the execution of ELRA’s missions and tasks as defined by the Board of the association.
ELDA is incorporated as a company in order to handle all the commercial and business-oriented tasks of the association