We are looking for Linguists/Computational Linguists who are native speakers of Dutch, for flexible home-based role.
The project is an exciting and challenging opportunity to help develop world-class linguistic software.
Linguistic skills should include morphology and phonology specifically for the Dutch language.
Write a specification document describing phonological and morphological syllabification in Dutch.
Create extensive (not necessarily exhaustive) lists exemplifying phonological and morphological syllabification in Dutch.
Evaluate automatically segmented words with respect to specification document in Dutch.
– Degree in Linguistics or Computational Linguistics (advance degree preferred but not essential)
– Excellent technical skills, including basic regexes with wildcards and working with a remote desktop
– Linguistic skills should include morphology and phonology
– Excellent organisational skills with attention to detail (this is not just a platitude, you need to be able to edit long lists of words and analyse each syllabically and morphologically)
– Native speaker of Dutch
– High proficiency in English.
– Several positions are available: around 15 hours per week OR from 5 hours up to 25-30 hours per week, but averaging around 15 hours per week
How to apply:
Please mention NLP People as a source when applying
Please include with your application: your CV/resume; details of any language qualifications you hold; availability
Appen is a language technology solutions and consulting firm, recognized as a global leader in the quality, range and caliber of its expertise. We are focused on helping our clients reach international markets by leveraging our expertise in over 140 languages and dialects. Our clients are among the world’s top internet search engine and voice recognition providers. For more information come see us at http://www.appen.com.
Interested in working with Appen? Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox: http://ow.ly/vP1rc