Computational Linguist/ Knowledge Engineer is a technical linguistic expert with strong knowledge in the structure of language and its application to computers systems. The ideal candidate is commercially aware and has the ability to visualize articulated processes and solve complex problems.
The goal of a Knowledge Engineer is to be an expert in Artificial Solutions® Teneo® natural language technology platform and able to provide consulting services to customers, prospects and external partners to help them develop highly advanced artefacts supporting intelligent natural language interactions.
He /she will be focused on designing, developing and maintaining intelligent natural language-based solutions in domains including artificial intelligence, machine learning, personalization, expert functions plus database and language processing systems.
The Computational Linguist/ NLI Knowledge Engineer is directly involved in projects from initial build through development and maintenance phases where in addition to the natural language abilities there will be a requirement for planning, time-management and commercial skills all leading to excellent customer satisfaction. A proactive approach and the ability to work within an agile framework are essential ingredients.
Reporting to the VP Professional Services, North America, he/she will work on a wide range of projects (often at the same time) within in a team of Knowledge Engineers, Project Managers and Technical Consultants.
The position will focus upon:
•Using native language skills including the full range of syntax and semantic aspects to build natural language artefacts and solutions.
•Designing, building, and testing natural language artefacts and solutions based upon customer, prospect and partner requirements encompassed in technical specifications.
•Utilizing several technical skills to enhance natural language capabilities through integrations, interfaces and additional coding.
•Analyzing session log files to assess artefact and solution capabilities and to determine relevant development options.
•Also, with colleagues, demonstrating clear and empirical evidence regarding the value to customers, prospects and partners of our natural language technology.
• BA in Computational Linguist, General Linguistics, Applied Linguistic, Language Technologies or similar.
Linguistics and computational linguistics knowledge and skills:
• Practical knowledge of formal syntax, formal semantics, corpus analysis, dialogue management.
• Strong understanding of morphology, lexicology, phonetics, pragmatics, automated speech analysis and synthesis.
• A minimum of one years’ relevant industry experience in a customer-facing role.
• Solid understanding of statistics (preferably in applied natural language analysis), mathematics, machine-learning, machine translation, computer-aided language learning (in combination with language studies will be an important plus).
• A high level of proficiency in at least one of the following programming languages: Java, Groovy or Python
• Strong logical and analytical skills, being able to deal with complex and abstract concepts
• Natural ability to analyze problems to identify the root cause
• Proven customer facing skills and ability to interact and communicate effectively with stakeholders at different levels
• Capability for identifying needs and business value solutions for the clients
• Professional attitude, detail-oriented and organized
• Ability to work well both alone and within a larger team
• Flexible and open-minded, pragmatic and proactive approach
• Ability to work in multi-functional teams
• Ability to combine multiple task and projects
• Fluent in one or more of the following nordic languages (danish, norwegian, dutch)
• Fluent in english
• Another language will be a benefit (German will be a plus)
How to apply:
Please mention NLP People as a source when applying
About Artificial Solutions
Artificial Solutions® is the leading specialist in Natural Language Interaction (NLI), a form of Artificial Intelligence that allows people to converse with applications and electronic devices in free-format, natural language, using speech, text, touch or gesture. Delivered through Teneo® – an ultra-rapid NLI development and analytics platform – it allows business users and developers to collaborate on creating sophisticated, humanlike natural language applications in record time without the need for specialist linguistic skills.
From interacting with third-party applications, delivering actionable user data insight and enabling implicit personalization to answering queries, cross-selling and updating back-end systems, Artificial Solutions’ NLI technology makes realizing the benefits of natural language in everyday applications easy.
Artificial Solutions’ technology is deployed by hundreds of public and private sector organizations and used by millions of people.
Quite simply; we Make Technology Thin