Do you currently live in the Bay Area/Cupertino, California ?
Do you have a background in Computational Linguistics?
Are you bilingual with a strong grasp of your native language and English (both written and spoken)?
Do you love working with technology?
If you’ve answered yes to all questions above, your talent may be what we’ve been waiting for.
Do you speak any of the following languages? French-Canadian, French-FR, German, Spanish-US, Canadian-English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese (Hong Kong), Traditional Chinese (Taiwan), Japanese
Job Title: Computational Linguist
Job Location: Bay Area/Cupertino, CA (onsite, no remote work)
Languages needed : French-Canadian, French-FR, German, ES-US (Spanish-US), Canadian-English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese (Hong Kong), Traditional Chinese (Taiwan), Japanese
Job Description/Required Skills/Background:
– B.S/MSc in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related fields OR Degree in Computational linguistics
– Excellent knowledge of structural aspects of the language (syntax, semantics, phonology, phonetics)
– Strong linguistic comprehension
– Up-to-date exposure to popular native culture and the ability to use that knowledge to inform data analysis
– Previous experience working with language data (e.g. research, analysis, translation, review)
– NLP experience
– Familiar with Java, Perl and shell scripting is a plus
– Experience using OS X or iOS software is a plus
– Good organizational and analytical skills
– Excellent English skills, other language skills are a plus
– Strong communication skills, attention to detail, and proven ability to manage priorities
An ideal candidate has experience and passion for working with language data and the ability to help create, categorize, audit, and improve lexical data.
– Native fluency in one the following languages: French-Canadian, French-FR, German, ES-US (Spanish-US), Canadian-English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese (Hong Kong), Traditional Chinese (Taiwan), Japanese
Project duration: 5-6 months with the possibility of extension.
Hours per week: 40
Preferred Start Date: ASAP
Hourly rate: negotiated upon interview (based on previous experience)
How to apply:
Please mention NLP People as a source when applying
Welocalize, Inc., founded in 1997, offers innovative translation and localization solutions helping global brands to grow and reach audiences around the world in more than 157 languages. Our solutions include global localization management, translation, supply chain management, people sourcing, language services and automation tools including MT, testing and staffing solutions and enterprise translation management technologies. With over 600 employees worldwide, Welocalize maintains offices in the United States, UK, Germany, Ireland, Japan and China. Subscribe to our updates http://www.welocalize.com/subscribe.