Description of the role
– We are looking for a machine learning researcher to join the team, grow an R&D function, and build and architect novel algorithms for automated misinformation detection and verification.
What you’ll be doing
– This role is hands-on and involves implementing and further developing the algorithms envisioned by the Factmata platform.
– You will be supported by an NLP engineer and the CTO, and be able to hire out a team in the future.
– You will be consulted remotely on R&D and technical approach by our scientific advisors Sebastian Riedel and Andreas Vlachos
– You’ll build new ways of identifying trust, news bias, annotation systems and scoring methods in information.
– This may include building NLP systems to extract and model relations, entities and topics in news data, and developing algorithms to score and provide contextual facts on this data.
– You will build a full scale information extraction pipeline with scheduling, continuous integration and big data server management with containerisation for media sources, Twitter and more.
Who we’re looking for
– You have a strong passion for the problem of misinformation and information overload and what it leads to in our world [required]
– You’ve done research in statistical natural language processing, semantic parsing, sentiment analysis, content scoring, text regression, argument mining, deep learning for NLP or related fields [required]
– You have a PhD in NLP, ML, Knowledge Extraction or Information Retrieval [desired]
– You’ve published papers in recognised journals and conferences [desired]
How to apply:
Please mention NLP People as a source when applying