Bloomberg’s Content Extraction team is looking for an analyst keen to work on technology field, focusing on scraping real-time financial data and deliver them to the world’s most sophisticated financial community, with the aim of expanding Bloomberg’s brand as the leader in the financial news market. The scope of our team is to identify text patterns in company press releases and build short scripts that automatically extract key financial data within milliseconds of their publication, using a proprietary software. The data will be used to generate automated headlines to run on the Bloomberg Professional Service. The Analyst will also work closely with Business and R&D teams in order to identify process improvement and product expansion opportunities.
Use proprietary software to identify text patterns in company press releases and build short scripts that automatically extract key financial data.
Communicating with News and Business teams to ensure proper prioritization of companies within the analyst’s portfolio.
Identify process improvement opportunities with the aim of ensuring the highest level of extracted data quality and expand the product coverage.
Qualifications, skills and experience required:
– We will consider candidates from various disciplines such as Linguistics, Business, Computer Science or related technical discipline.
– Able to demonstrate familiarity with financial statements and company earnings reports.
– Working knowledge of Python.
– Fluency on German, French or any other European language will be considered a plus.
– Experience working with computational linguistics, web crawling and SQL will be considered a plus.
– Experience with Digital Media or Data Journalism and sound news judgment will be considered a plus.
What Bloomberg does – and how you can make your mark here:
Bloomberg delivers critical information in a world where information matters. We give influential decision makers in business, finance and government a competitive edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of news, people and ideas. To do that, we need a constant flow of ideas, energy and innovation-which is where you come in.
At Bloomberg, you will have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. Be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news and media services fosters innovation and empowers clients – and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.