We are looking to strengthen our group?s profile in different areas of Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing (NLP). Potential topics include but are not limited to:
– human-in-the-loop machine learning and interactive NLP,
– cross-lingual, multi-modal and low-resource NLP,
– NLP for healthcare related to COVID-19, such as domain-specific question answering, evidence mining, or information verification,
– NLP to combat misinformation such as fake news or conspiracy theories,
– conversational AI.
In addition, we welcome applications of individuals interested in research-oriented infrastructure projects. In particular, we perform research and development in:
– AI-based solutions for peer-reviewing,
– machine learning for computational lexicography.
UKP Lab is a high-profile research group comprising over thirty team members who work on various aspects of data-driven NLP and machine learning.
Their novel applications in various domains extend to mining scientific literature or social media, and AI for Social Good in general.
UKP Lab Darmstadt
We are looking for applications from candidates in Computer Science with a specialization in Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing or Text Mining.
Prior experience with neural network architectures, reinforcement learning and other relevant areas of NLP and Machine Learning are a plus.
Demonstrable engagement in open source projects, strong programming skills and communication skills in English are highly appreciated.