You: Alexa, I am looking for a new impactful role where I could tackle the next big research challenge, what do you suggest?
Alexa: The Alexa Shopping team is looking for applied research leaders/scientists to help me become the best personal assistant. Do you want to hear more?
You: Yes, please!
Alexa: As an Applied Scientist in the Alexa Shopping team, you will be investigating and developing machine learning and natural language processing technologies to help Alexa turn into the best and most trustworthy personal assistant.
The team you will specifically be working with has expertise in deep learning, user modelling, Gaussian processes, probabilistic modelling, information retrieval, crowdsourcing, and other related fields. We employ all these technologies to continually improve the experience of Alexa customers, focusing on the shopping domain. Your work within this team will combine research on machine learning and natural language processing, systems and software development, exploration of new technologies, as well as publications and presentations at top scientific conferences.
· Ph.D. in Machine Learning or a related discipline
· Strong publication record at top academic conferences such as NeurIPS, ICML, AISTATS, ICLR, KDD, CCS, PETS, etc.
· Familiar with programming languages languages such as Python, C, C++, Java etc.
· Very good written and verbal communication skills
· 4+ years of industrial/academic experience in machine learning, natural language processing and its applications or statistical methods
· Experience in serving in senior roles at top academic conferences